Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Death

Death is the end of our mortal life; it is when our internal organs seize to function and that is when we die…

It is a fixed fact that all mortal tend to die and that death is inevitable for all mortals and that u can’t escape death nor delay it when your time would come and that is that. So after all that I started to wonder why do we fear death? If u can’t escape it and no matter what your life will end with death whether u like it or not then why do we fear something that whether u r afraid of it or not it will come? Some times we even not talk about death as if death would hear its name it will come. I guess the reason of all that is the lack of knowledge of the true meaning of death…

If we take a look at death from a different perspective we might find it to be something not ominous at all it is simply an ordinary phase of our life think of your life and death as a beautiful flower that was raised till the day it blossoms as a beautiful flower and then it will wither and die (I like to resemble life with a Sakura blossom) u can never forbid a flower from withering but the picture of the flower blooming in its prime would stick in your memory for ever and that is exactly how life and death is, u can’t gain immortality nor u can prolong your life more than God has given u and the only thing that is left is for u to ensure that your life has blossomed in a way that would be remembered by others and in an honorable way that u would be proud of.

On of the reasons of our fear to death is the concept of life after death since the great connection and I believe greatly in the concept (or most suitably the fact) of life after death and for those who don’t I have only one thing to say, “Big surprise is waiting for u”. Life after death has a great effect of our fear for death since one of the big reasons that we may fear death for is our fear to the outcome of our life (whether we were good or bad) and how we’ll be judged accordingly.

Other reason is that we fear death because of our need to fulfill a specific duty for us in this life and we fear death before fulfilling that duty or reaching that aim for us in this life and actually I found this very respectable and I want to point on something and it is the fact that if u die for the sake of reaching your goal and your life ends before u do that is just more respectable. One of the examples of this is of someone fearing death for the sake of someone dear to him since whether we like it or not death is always the cause of grieve for the love ones but the idea of seeking immortality for the sake of your loved ones is kinda stupid cause u’ll get to see all your loved ones die before your eyes and that is more painful for the heart than anything in the world.
In the end all I can say that we should fear death not since death is an inevitable thing u may fear it as long as u want and that will not change the fact that we all die so the only thing we can do about it is to eliminate the reasons that keep us afraid of death we should live our lives to the fullest and never forget what is important to us and what we aim for in our lives and to always do what is right to avoid the punishment afterward. Life is too short and there is no time for fooling around and as one of the great samurai once said
“Wake up with the idea of death in your mind in the morning and refresh your self with it in the evening”


P.S. since I'm currently surrounded by all means of death I should give it a quite amount of thinking so if anything should happen to me I hereby transfer the property of this blog to my friend and brother Anarki and he has full authority to do anything he desires with it and may God bless us all...

7 comments:

Kill Pill said...

I liked that.
"Wake up with the idea of death in your mind in the morning and refresh your self with it in the evening”

I wrote an article in a magazine once on death. We all escape the thought of it but really it just seems that the more u think of death the better life u will live...

A. Damluji said...

sayyy WHAT?

aibo don't you dare die NOW, you still have things to do.

:) Seriously, Without death, we can't fully appreciate life. some think its nuts, or morbid thinking, or whatever, but i find it useful to meditate on the concept and guises in which it comes under.

i only hope my time comes only after God is satisfied with me.

thoughtful post, but dont be too morbid, ha? and dont you die and stop your blog!

David said...

Well, death is certainly not my favorite subject! When I was 17 years old, I lost two of my friends in a car crash. That accident really shattered my world in some ways. In fact, the death of those two friends seriously affected not only me, but at least a dozen of my other friends who knew them well. We all lost our innocence! We all lost our aura of invincibility, our illusions of immortality! In some ways, I became a much older man after that and my priorities really changed, although that took quite a while to sort out. The most profound thing that changed for me was that I realized that no matter how bad things became in my life, I still had a chance to live and see better times. My friends had no such chance.

Kyubai, I can hardly imagine what it must be like for you living in Baghdad. I know that everyone is living in fear. Fear can grow to be intolerable if there is no relief. But, you are alive, you still have a chance to live and see better times. So, I hope that you will try to keep your spirits up!

Morty said...

Pandora: welcome to my blog and thank u for your comment and I'm also very fond of that exact phrase it simple, meaningful and elegant and I'll very appreciate it if u may point me to that article of yours....

Anarki: dude I'm not going to kill myself we all die and that is that and he who doesn't consider death will be a fool so we have to fight to live on and at the same time we have to accept death when it is our time...

David: I've wanted to write this post since long ago and that fact that I've wrote it doesn't mean that I'm feeling gloomy but rather I'm feeling confidence I fear no death and for that my fighting to live would be more efficient.
Sorry for your friends but it is through hardship the shape of our character is modeled

Kill Pill said...

Well i'd love to but I don't have ur email...

Morty said...

well I guess I'll add my e-mail to my profile and I'll be very pleased if u may send u article...

Anonymous said...

تبرىء الكلمات في القلوب

ثم همس الرب في قلوبنا...
الكلمات تصل حيث لا يقدر السلاح

سألنا حكيم قريتنا، كيف ينزل الدفء
على النفوس والشيطان
قد ألقى بسمومه المفضلة
خوفاً ويأساً وكراهية
على القلوب البريئة
كما الرماد من محرقة السعادة

كيف تنام عيون الايمان
وسرير الأمل
تفترشه ملاءة القنوط الشاحب
وعيون الحنث الفاسدة
تنتهك حرمة الكلمات المقدسة
وتسعد باغتيال هدايا السماء

وسألنا :كيف يبتسم الخير
ويصفع الكره الفضيلة من وجه الخجل
و أتباعه يشوهون ويحرفون فى نفوس ضحاياهم
حتى يصل الاعتقاد
بأن الإثم فضيلة والقتل عدالة والكره هو الحب

تحدث الحكيم
بصوته الخفيض وقال
أن للشيطان أتباع
يغتسلون في أنهار النبيذ في حادي*
وبعشق السخرية الفارغ
يحصدون نفوساً مغشوشة جنيت بمنجل الانتحار

مستحيل أن يكون الطريق إلى الفردوس مرصوفاً
بجثث الأبرياء - عبر نهرٍ من الدم
اعتنقوا مد الحق وجزره الرائع في قلوبكم
تقبّلوا الشك والعار أينما كانوا
لكي تدركوا أن النفس تسعد بالعطف وليس بالانتقام

سطع صوته كالضوء وقال:
ابحثوا بشجاعة في أعماق قلوبكم
بلا نفاق ولا خداع ولا إجحاف
وحين تلمسوا الايمان هناك
ستنزل الكلمات الالهيه دواءً للقلوب
مثل مطر أبدي يجذبه البحر دائماً
حتى يرتفع ليملأ حرم النفوس
بودٍ عميق هادىء ويغدو سلاماً
على شواطىء العزم الالهي.


[أرض الموتى في الأساطير الاغريقية*

أبريل 2006